Applying for Financial Aid
To be eligible for any type of Federal, State or Institutional financial aid you must fulfill at least the following requirements:
- You must be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen (for State awards, you must be a Florida resident).
- You must have a valid social security number.
- You must be admitted into a degree-seeking program. You may apply for aid before you are admitted but you must be admitted before aid can be awarded or disbursed to you.
- If you are a male of at least 18 years of age, you must be registered with selective service.
- To retain eligibility you must maintain satisfactory academic progress.
- If you have attended other institutions before FKCC, all official transcripts must be submitted to and reviewed by Enrollment Services before aid will be authorized to ensure that you are meeting satisfactory academic progress.
How to Apply for Financial Aid
The first step to receiving financial aid requires completion of a FAFSA, the Free Application for Federal Student Aid. Students should complete the application based on the term they plan on attending:
|Which FAFSA should I complete?
| 2014-2015 FAFSA
FKCC's Federal school code is 001485.
Completed FAFSAs are processed and transmitted electronically to the college within a few business days. If your application is rejected, we will notify you in writing. If your application is selected for “VERIFICATION,” you will receive a letter in the mail requesting additional documentation and instructing you where the required documents may be found on our website. You may also view outstanding financial aid requirements by logging in to your myFKCC account. Please note that tax return copies are no longer acceptable. Using the 'IRS DATA RETRIEVAL TOOL' on your FAFSA will decrease the chance of getting selected for verification, and will help to expedite the financial aid application process.
Once verification is complete, you should receive an award offer email to your FKCC email address. Pell Grants are automatically authorized to student accounts; loans must be requested. In the event that a student is not eligible for a Pell Grant, the email from Federal Student Aid after FAFSA completion would indicate this. Other sources of aid include:
Federal Direct Student Loans
Students wishing to receive loans must click "Federal Direct Loans" (to the left of this screen) to request them.
for a list of FKCC's institutional scholarships for upcoming terms.
State Grants & Scholarships
for additional information regarding Florida state grants and scholarships.
Still have questions?
Please click "Frequently Asked Questions" or one of the other links on the left side of this screen.