4. No student work is to be saved or stored on the computer hard disk, even temporarily. Any work left on the
hard disk can and will be deleted.
5. No food, candy or drinks will be allowed in any computer facility or classroom. Absolutely NO exceptions will
6. The computer should not be turned on or off, unless directed by instructor or other College employee. Ask
for assistance if needed.
Although it is FKCC’s policy to respect the privacy of users, use of FKCC computing facilities is not private, and may
be reviewed by system administrators as part of normal operations. FKCC implies no privacy or secrecy for those
using FKCC computing services. The college routinely monitors electronic data, software, and communications.
There should be no expectation of privacy for any information stored, processed, or transmitted on college IT
VI. Illegal Use
The FKCC computer facility and network may be used only for lawful purposes. Transmission, distribution or
storage of any material in violation of any applicable law or regulation is prohibited. This includes, without
limitations, material protected by copyright, trademark, trade secret, or other intellectual property right used
without proper authorization, and material that are obscene, defamatory, or constitutes an illegal threat or violates
export control law.
Time limits for computer use can and will be set to accommodate the greatest number of students. Time limits will
be posted and will be enforced when demand exceeds the available number of computers.
Aside from those areas that have access to pay-for-print solutions, the following apply:
1. Use Print View to view your output and make changes prior to printing your work.
2. Multiple copies cannot be printed. If needed, please use a copier.
3. Do not print materials from the Internet. If a copy is needed, download material to an acceptable media
IX. Hardware and Software
1. Downloading of any software program from these systems will be in violation of copyright laws.
2. Installing any software onto these systems is not permitted.
3. Please do not bang, hit, move, connect or disconnect any hardware items. For assistance, ask the person on
4. Computers are to be used for schoolwork only.
5. Please use only the software needed for your class and on which you have had training. Do not explore other
software on these systems or on the Local Area Network.