• Students from Latin America and the Caribbean who receive scholarships from the federal or state government
(the student must attend, on a full-time basis, a Florida institution of higher education);
• Southern Regional Education Board’s Academic Common Market graduate students attending Florida’s state
• Full time employees of state agencies or political subdivisions of the state when the student fees are paid by the
state agency or political subdivision for the purpose of job related law enforcement or corrections training.
• McKnight Doctoral Fellows and Finalists who are United States citizens;
• United States citizens living outside the United States who are teaching at a Department of Defense Dependent
School or in an American International School and who enroll in a graduate level education program which
leads to a Florida teaching certificate;
• Active duty members of the Canadian military residing or stationed in this state under the North American Air
Defense (NORAD) agreement, and their spouses and dependent children, attending a public community college
or university within 50 miles of the military establishment where they are stationed;
• Active duty members of a foreign nation’s military who are serving as liaison officers and are residing or
stationed in this state, and their spouses and dependent children, attending a community college or state
university within 50 miles of the military establishment where the foreign liaison officer is stationed;
• Qualified beneficiaries under the Florida Pre-Paid Postsecondary Expense Program per s. 1009.988(2) (Pre-paid
ID card required).
Non-Citizen Exceptions
A non-United States citizen may be eligible to establish residency for tuition purposes if evidence is presented verifying
that he or she is legally present in the United States and the student is one of the following:
• A foreign national, in a nonimmigrant Visa classification eligible for study and with a date of departure that is
not during the term the student will be enrolled. The student, and parent, if the student is a dependent, must
present evidence of legal presence in the United States. A Student Visa will not be accepted as evidence of
eligibility to establish residency.
• A foreign national, such as permanent resident aliens, parolees, asylees, Cuban-Haitian Entrants, and other legal
aliens granted indefinite stay, in a status that is eligible for study in the United States.
Change in Residency Status
A student who applies to FKCC as a non-Florida resident and later becomes a Florida resident for tuition purposes must
request a change in resident status prior to registering. Students must present two forms of approved documentation in
order to change their residency status prior to the beginning of the term they are requesting the change. A Request for
Change of Resident Status for Tuition Purposes form is available in the Office of Enrollment Services. Change in resident
status is not retroactive.
Deferment of Fees for Qualified Veterans
Under the provisions of Florida Law, any eligible veteran or other person who wishes to pursue an approved program
of education or training within the meaning of Chapter 34 or 35 Title 38 United States Code at any institution within the
State University System or Community College System shall be allowed one (1) deferment for the payment of registration
fees within any 12-month period. This is considered to be the 12-month period commencing on the first day of regular
registration of the term for which the eligible veteran is requesting deferment.
No deferment can be longer than sixty (60) days or up to ten (10) days prior to the end of the term (last day of final
1...,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37 39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,...155