FKCC 2013-2014
Veteran’s Administration (VA) Satisfactory Progress Policy
The Satisfactory Progress Average (SPA) is computed the same way the grade point average is computed-(A=4), (B=3),
(C=2), (D=1), (F=0) and (FN=0). I’s, W’s, N’s, NR’s and X’s are not computed in the SPA. Using the quality point system, the SPA
is computed by adding the total quality value of all courses and dividing by the number of credit hours attempted during a
given term. The SPA is cumulative. It is computed at the end of each term. An SPA of 2.0 is satisfactory progress; less than 2.0
is unsatisfactory progress. Any veteran with a SPA of less than 2.0 will be placed on academic probation. A veteran will not
be permitted more than two consecutive terms on probation. If during the second term on probation, the student does not
earn a 2.0 or higher cumulative GPA, his/her benefits will be suspended.
Once a veteran has been terminated from receiving VA benefits due to unsatisfactory progress, the college will not recertify
the veteran. He/she will be permitted to attend classes, but will not receive benefits. A student may re-establish eligibility
for VA benefits in accordance with regulations promulgated by the Veteran’s Administration.
Course Substitutions and Prerequisites
Course Substitutions
In some instances, students may have successfully completed comparable course work at another regionally accredited
institution. As a result, a course substitution may be viable. In other instances, a catalog curriculum modification may be
required to address issues involving discontinued courses or courses that are not offered during the semester the student
will be graduating.
Application for a course substitution must be submitted no later than two days prior to the first day of classes in the
appropriate term. The student may request a course substitution through an academic advisor or program advisor for one
of the following reasons:
1. A different course better meets the student’s educational objectives;
2. A required course is not scheduled during the student’s last term before graduation.
Course substitutions require the written request of the student’s academic advisor or program advisor. The advisor will
forward the request to the appropriate College personnel and will be finalized by the Director of Enrollment Services/
Registrar. Students will receive a copy of the course substitution for their personal records.
Note: For disabled students, see the section on Course Substitutions under the heading Office for Students with Disabilities.
Prerequisites and Course Sequence
Students should make note of the prerequisites stated in the individual course descriptions in the catalog when
scheduling courses. Program advisors are available to assist students to ensure that they meet degree or certificate
program requirements. Students must obtain instructor permission to register for a course in which they have not met
the prerequisites. However, students who have been placed in developmental level courses must enroll in the required
remedial course work. Students are urged to meet with an advisor on a regular basis to ensure that they do not take
unnecessary courses.
1...,53,54,55,56,57,58,59,60,61,62 64,65,66,67,68,69,70,71,72,73,...159