Florida Keys Community College invites kids, tweens, and teens to take part in the FKCC’s Summer Adventure Camps. Campers will have the opportunity to tap their creative talents, explore careers, expand their academic interests, develop technical skills, and make new friends. Parents and guardians can trust FKCC to deliver a high-quality camp experience in a safe, comfortable, and stimulating learning environment.
FKCC’s Summer Adventure Camps are comprised of one-week sessions that run June 4 through August 10 at FKCC’s Key West Campus. The variety of camps will appeal to a range of interests and provide hands-on activities designed for specific age levels.
*Indicates that there are multiple sessions for different age groups available, please see below for details. Camps that are scheduled July 2 – 6, 2018 do not meet on the 4th of July.
2018 Summer Camps and Dates:
- Art Camp: Stories of the Reef – Discover your artistic capabilities while creating paintings, stories, and sculptures! Campers will also learn about the local coral reef and the sea creatures that call it home. July 2-6 — $175 per week — Ages 7-11
- Art Camp: Teen Studio – Put your artistic abilities to the test and perfect your drawing and painting skills. Campers will learn about scale, perspective, and more by using a variety of media. July 9-13 — $175 per week — Ages 12-17
- Boating Safety – Calling all future Captains! Campers will learn the basics of boating safety in addition to basic engine maintenance in this camp. Geared towards teens, this camp will cover knot tying, safety equipment, navigation, and charting in the classroom and during excursions. July 16-20 — $200 per week — Ages 12-17
- Code Breakers – Discover the basics of computer programming, coding, and design using a Raspberry Pi2. Campers will build and take home their own tiny computer capable of internet surfing, playing games, and more. July 2-6 — $225 per week — Ages 7-11
- *Cooking and Creating – Discover your creative and culinary sides while making “green” crafts and simple, yummy recipes. Campers will also learn about dining etiquette, hospitality, and healthy nutrition. A tour on the trolley rounds out in this hands-on experience. June 11-15 — $225 per week — Ages 7-11 | August 6-10 — $225 per week — Ages 12-17
- *ECO Adventures Camp – Campers will learn the importance of environmental conservation, sustainability, and restoration through hands-on interactions with the fascinating marine settings in the Florida Keys. Campers will try scuba diving, go snorkeling and kayaking and learn how to catch and identify common fish of the Florida Keys. July 9-13, July 16-20, August 6-10 — $175 per week — Ages 7-11 | June 4-8 — $175 per week — Ages 12-17
- Future Heros – Explore a variety of public safety careers in just one week! Campers will participate in a simulated investigation and learn how police officers, EMTs, firefighters, and nurses help keep the community safe. Campers will practice CPR and take a tour of the vehicles and organizations that serve and protect us. June 11-15, July 23-27 — $175 per week — Ages 7-11
- Jr. Lifeguard – Learn water safety and gain practical swimming, water rescue, and lifesaving skills. Future lifeguards will learn first aid, how to use an AED, and prepare for American Red Cross CPR certification. This program does not lead to a Lifeguard certification. June 18-22 — $175 per week — Ages 12-17
- *Jr. Tropical Hobbyist – Through hands-on interactions in college labs, campers will learn about working with marine ornamental fish and what it takes to raise aquarium fish. They will investigate live feeds, water quality, and basic tank care and maintenance. Campers will get to build and take home their own aquarium! June 18-22 — $225 per week — Ages 7-11 | June 11-15 — $225 per week — Ages 12-17
- Scuba Adventures – Safely study the techniques of scuba diving under the guidance of professional dive instructors. Campers may earn their own PADI scuba certification. Campers must be at least 12 years old to participate. July 2-6 — $450 per week — Ages 12-17
- Advanced Scuba Adventures – Safely study the techniques of advanced scuba diving under the guidance of professional dive instructors. Campers may earn their own PADI Jr. Adventure Diver certification. Campers must be at least 12 years old to participate. July 23-27 — $475 per week — Ages 12-17
- More than Money – Calling all future tycoons! Learn the fundamentals of money, including how to manage a bank account and saving and spending in business terms. Campers will use their imagination to explore possible business ventures and identify personal skills and interests to help them become the business leaders of tomorrow. June 25-29 — $175 per week –Ages 7-11
- School’s Out! – Get ready for a week of non-stop action and fun at FKCC! Campers will participate in a variety of activities including swimming, snorkeling, field day games, and arts and crafts! In addition, campers will participate in several field trips to local organizations. June 4-8, July 16-20, July 30-August 3 — $175 per week –Ages 7-11
- Young Writers Institute – Put your mind and imagination to work! Campers will learn the craft of writing fiction, poetry, drama, and short stories. July 30-August 3 — $175 per week — Ages 12-17
Refunds will ONLY be considered if you withdraw your camper at least one week prior to the session start date. Enrollment is available up to five days prior to the session start date.
For more information, please call 305-296-9081 or email SummerCamps@fkcc.edu
2018 Summer Camps Forms