Determining which career path is best for you is an important decision. You are not alone as you try to figure out what your own personal goals and aspirations are. Research shows that the average person will explore at least three different career paths in his/her lifetime. The FKCC Advising Services Career Lab is here to assist you in making this important decision– be it your childhood dream occupation or your second career transition.
- Career Library: Access current books to help you discover your personal strengths and talents, learn about the latest employment trends to help you choose a career, as well as information about transferring to Florida colleges and universities.
- Florida Virtual Campus: This site houses extensive databases of occupations, colleges, universities, and graduate schools. The “Choices Planner” feature can assess and identify your interests, and match those interests with occupations within Florida. Available via Florida Virtual Campus.
- Career Interest Inventory: Find out what your interests and hobbies indicate will be ideal career choices. An FKCC Academic Advisor can discuss the results and how they impact your future career opportunities.
- For Career Education, Job Search Guides, and Job Descriptions, see College Board.
- College and degree exploration: National Center for Education Statistics. Find out about colleges, programs, and their resources.
- Fifty best places to work
- Resume writing, Interview Techniques
- Employment & Internship searches
To access additional career resources, click on any link below
You can view information and articles about career options that are available, complete a career assessment, explore Web databases that are rich in job forecasting information, build a resume or make a plan for your future!
- Career Alignment: Search the DOT & ONET databases to find your perfect job, or simply enter WorkKeys scores to find specific jobs that match your qualifications.
- Career Planning: Construct a career plan with the assistance of various websites and tools. Understand how your skills and interests can develop into a job. Access resources that can help you accomplish your plan.
- Career Openings: Local and Regional employment opportunities.
- Portfolio Building: Develop tools, such as resume writing and interviewing, that will help you prepare for a successful career.
- Career Assessments: Explore a series of self-assessments through this computerized and interactive software to help you determine personality, skill, and interest levels for a wide range of career opportunities.