Financial Aid Eligibility
To be eligible for any type of Federal, State or Institutional financial aid you must adhere to the following requirements:
  • Be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen.
  • Have a valid social security number.
  • Be admitted into a degree-seeking program.
  • Maintain satisfactory academic progress (a 2.0 or higher GPA).
  • Enroll in only those courses that apply to your primary degree program.
  • Be enrolled in at least 3 credits to receive Pell grants.
  • Be enrolled in at least 6 credits to receive student loans.
  • If you are a male of at least 18 years of age, you must be registered with selective service.
  • To retain eligibility you must maintain satisfactory academic progress.
  • If you have attended other institutions before FKCC, all official transcripts must demonstrate satisfactory academic progress for aid to be authorized.

How to Apply for Financial Aid

  • Complete a FAFSA, the Free Application for Federal Student Aid.  
  • Complete the application based on the term they plan on attending:
    – For terms Fall 2018 / Spring 2019 / Summer 2019 complete: 2018-2019 FAFSA.
    – For terms Fall 2019 / Spring 2020 / Summer 2020: FAFSA will be available October 1, 2018. 
  • Students are encouraged to utilize the IRS Data Retrieval Tool in the “Financial Information” portion of the FAFSA. This will expedite the financial aid process. 
  • The College’s Federal school code is 001485.

What Happens Next?

  • Completed FAFSAs are processed and transmitted electronically to the college within a few business days. 
  • Applications that are selected for “VERIFICATION” require additional information. The College sends emails to students notifying them of the documentation that needs to be submitted.
  • Outstanding financial aid requirements may be viewed on your myFKCC account. 


To read this information in Spanish, click here: Financial Aid Info-Spanish.
To read this information in Haitian Creole, click here: Financial Aid Info-Haitian Creole


Student types:

Dependent Students (Under 24, not married, no children, no military service)
Independent Students (Over 24, married, has children, served in the military)

Please refer to your letter or student self-service account for specific forms to use:

Students who are selected for verification must request a Tax Return Transcript from the IRS. There are three ways to request a free tax return transcript:

  1. Online
  2. Telephone 1-800-829-1040
  3. Form 4506T-This is the only way to request that a transcript is sent to an address other than the address used on the original tax return.

Once verification is complete on a student file, the appropriate Federal Financial Aid may be applied. Pell Grants are automatically authorized to student accounts. Award letters are periodically created and emailed to students. In the event that a student is not eligible for a Pell Grant, a letter informing them of alternate aid sources is emailed to them. Other sources of aid include:

Federal Direct Student Loans
Students wishing to receive Federal Direct Student Loans must click here and follow the listed steps to complete the loan process.

Click here for a list of CFK’s institutional scholarships for upcoming terms.

State Grants & Scholarships
Click here for additional information regarding Florida state grants and scholarships.

Still have questions? You can reach us at or 305-809-3523.